Long Island Theft Crime Attorney
Burglary, Robbery & Grand Theft Charges in New York - (516) 670-5992
Searching for a lawyer for a theft crime case in Long Island? Whether you face a misdemeanor, felony, burglary, robbery, or any other theft charge, you've come to the right place. At the criminal defense law firm of Prime & O'Brien, LLC, we have 20+ years' experience in successfully defending individuals who are facing charges related to theft.
Why Choose Our Theft Crime Lawyers?
- We put 20+ years' combined experience on your side
- We're both former prosecutors for Nassau County
- Our firm has 100s of proven defense results
- We offer a free case review to discuss your defense options
We can help you fight your charges. Contact Prime & O'Brien, LLP now for a free consultation!
Penalties for Theft Crimes in New York
The penalties for theft crimes will vary depending on the nature of the offense.
- With burglary, the offender unlawfully enters a building or dwelling and intends to commit a crime.
- Robbery includes the use of force and causing injury to another during the crime.
- Grand theft, or grand larceny, is the offense charged if it is believed that someone unlawfully took property belonging to another, without their consent, and that is valued at more than $1,000. These are all felony offenses.
- Petty theft is similar to grand theft, with the difference that the value of the property is less than $1,000, and the crime is filed as a misdemeanor.
Criminal Lawyer Defending Against Felony & Misdemeanor Theft Crimes
Felonies carry harsher penalties than misdemeanors. A Class A misdemeanor can still mean a jail sentence of up to 1 year and possible fines of up to $1,000. Felonies, depending on the specifics of the crime, can lead to a prison sentence as long as 1 – 25 years and fines up to $5000 or twice the amount stolen. If the person is a repeat offender, these penalties could easily be enhanced.
Facing theft charges in Nassau County?
If you have been charged with a theft crime, it is imperative that you get assistance from a Long Island criminal defense lawyer with a long record of victories at trial. We are tireless in our fight to help clients obtain an acquittal or reduced charges and penalties.
Looking for a theft crime lawyer in Long Island? Contact our office by calling (516) 670-5992 and speak with our representative to learn how we can help you.