Being accused of a crime can bring an onslaught of challenges and obstacles.
If you have been charged with a crime, here are some helpful tips to use.
Make sure to DO the following:
- Don't give police officers any information or details about your case.
- Provide only personal information when requested.
- Get legal advice from an attorney as soon as possible.
- Gather evidence, testimonials, and other details that may support you story.
DO NOT do any of the following:
- Discuss the case with a member of law enforcement—police officers,
investigators, or district attorneys. It is your right to remain silent
and you should refrain from speaking to anyone, even if you know you are innocent.
- Contact any witness or named victim if they are listed in a mandatory protection order.
- Tell family members more details about your case than you told police officers.
- Try to influence a witness in an attempt to get them to change their testimony
or not to testify which is a felony.
If you are being investigated in connection with a crime or have been charged
with one, the best thing you can do is first contact a
criminal defense attorney like the legal team at Prime & O'Brien, LLP so they can
begin to prepare your defense.
Contact the firm today to schedule a free consultation.